Every year thousands of Art & Design students from hundreds of schools and FE colleges throughout the country apply for Fine Art and Design degree courses in the UK. Competitions for places is extremely high; Edinburgh College of Art for example receives more applications than Oxford and Cambridge. Successfully gaining a place on these courses is a significant achievement for any applicant.
The HND Contemporary Art Course at Edinburgh’s Telford College has a growing reputation as being among the most successful courses in the country. Our progression rates continue to be amongst the highest in the FE sector.
Progression to Higher Education:
The HND award offers you a wide range of articulation routes to Higher Education. Candidates with HND awards can be offered entry into the *second or *third year of degree programmes.
*this is at the discretion of the individual HEI and is usually dependant on a satisfactory UCAS reference, interview and portfolio review.
Graduates from HND Contemporary Art have successfully progressed too a range of Fine Art or Design BA Hons degree course at:
- Edinburgh College of Art:–Painting, Sculpture, Intermedia
- Glasgow School of Art:– Painting, Sculpture & Environmental Art
- Duncan of Jordanstone college of Art (Dundee University):–Fine Art, Time Based Art & Digital Film
- University of Edinburgh:— Community Arts.
- University of Cumbria:– Fine Art
- University of Newcastle:–Fine Art
- Leeds Metrepolitan University:– Contemporary Art
- Manchester Metropolitan University:– Fine Art
- Winchester School of Art:— Fine Art
- Birmingham City University:– Interior Design
- Napier University:– Design & Digital Art
2010 statistics for the HND Contemporary Art course are as follows:
- 100% of applicants* received at least 1 BA Hons Degree offer.
- 78% of applicants received 2 or more BA Hons Degree offers.
- 33% of applicants received 3 or more BA Hons Degree offers.
- 100% of applicants received offers @ SCQF Level 9 (equivalent to entry level 3)**
- 67% of applicants received offers @ SCQF Level 8 (equivalent to entry level 2)
*all applications were through UCAS
**offerd by Cumbria University as per Articulation Agreement.